Sunday, May 15, 2011

Melted Crayon DIY and Holton Rower

So, in my fashion design class at school, we are designing gowns. I was inspired by this video of the "Tall Painting" by Holton Rower. He is officially my most recent favorite artist. It's absolutely amazing. I'd love to try it, but I'd need a LOT of time, patience, and PAINT!
Anyway, so that's what I was inspired by. So I showed my original sketch and a picture of one of Rower's finished pieces to my teacher and she was like "Why don't you melt wax or Crayons onto matt board for your finished piece?" and I agreed that it would be a really cool idea.
So now, after tons of research and asking art teachers at school, I finally figured out how to do it. I shaved bits of colorful Crayons onto my piece, covered it with wax paper, and put the iron over it. This is the finished result:
You like?? Taken with my Canon Power Shot SD1200 IS. I figured out how to put it on these crazy settings that let me take pictures with intense detail. Now please, pretty pretty please (with sugar on top) contact me/ask me before reproducing my photos/illustrations and/or copying, printing, 'reblogging' them. Thank you oh, so very much :)

xoxo
Nikki

No comments: